Saturday, September 4, 2010

Finally!

Finally getting back to house projects!
The family room in the basement was split into 2 rooms sometime many years ago. Not sure why. The end room that was created was a waste of space, not real useful for much. So I tore down the wall. Of course that led to more than I'd planned. They had also walled all the old walls with sheetrock, probably trying to make the basement warmer I suppose. So they put sheet of insulation against the concrete walls, then put sheet rock over that. Bad idea! they didn't seal the concrete properly, so of course condensation accumulated, which led to mold. So I ended up ripping all that down too. What a mess!




3 comments:

BeckyB said...

I am SOOOOO Glad to see that aweful walpaper go!!!

bev paxman said...

It's gonna look nice!

Brooke B said...

Keep posting, I love to see the progression!