Saturday, February 5, 2011

Patching the living room floor

For some unknown reason, someone had chopped a hole in the living room floor. There was a heat register in it. It didn't connect to anything at all. It has a matching hole in the ceiling of the basement. Anyway, it looked like crap. No care given at all as to how they cut it. No respect for the oak floor.
Finally got it patched up this weekend. Found a video on This Old House web site, and followed the directions.
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/article/0,,218102,00.html
Not quite as easy at they made it look, but then my hole was bigger and irregular. But I think it turned out ok. I don't think we're going to refinish the floor just now however. We've decided to just put new carpet back over it until I get more pressing projects done. This floor will take lot's of sanding and TLC to bring back, so it can wait.



2 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

You always do a great job Rick. That floor will be beautiful, when you're done, but ya, I agree, get the other projects done first. Listen to me, I sound like the producer of "This old house"!!

Brooke B said...

Looks good!