Friday, December 11, 2009

Hmmm....

Not getting much done. We did finally get rain gutters up, so now we don't have to hold up an umbrella for our guests as they come and go whilst the snow melts. Was gonna take a picture of the new gutters and post here, but I sat down until I got past that thought. Gutters ain't REAL exciting.
So, here's a picture of the first test tile for the eventual fireplace re-do.

I'm pretty excited about this project. Lane used his glass blasting equipment to sand blast the pattern on the tile, and then I used a special bake on paint to fill it in. I'm VERY pleased with the results. Lane's been busy with alot of his own home renovation projects, so soon as he gets a break he says he'll finish up the rest for me. This project has been in the works for over a year now. But ya can't rush art!

4 comments:

Brooke B said...

Can't wait to see it!

BeckyB said...

I think it will be amazing! I'm so excited to see the end result....hmmm...maybe I should go bug Lane & Cathy so I can see what they are doing to their place! And I request gutter pictures....not because I think it will be pretty, but because I lived their without, and well I'd appreciate the art ;op...Just kidding :)

bev said...

Ya can't rush art, and you certainly can't rush a man with a purpose. Good things take time.

Simply Vera said...

vbpeters.blogspot.com/