What a lot of work this is! Had nephew Chris helping me. We spent 6 or 7 hours at it, and were totally shot when we quit for the day. Didn't get quite as far as I wanted. Was tough tearing down the old fascia. Then we had to do a little carpentry before putting up the new stuff. But it sure is worth it. The old wood is VERY old, cracked and brittle. The new stuff is a dark green. Doesn't show up real well in these pix. The weather was overcast today, thank goodness. I still need to do a little more around the south side of the house, then we can have new gutters put up. No more Niagra Falls off the roof every snow melt!!
The new stuff is a composite decking material, Evergrain. I'll never have to paint it, or replace it again. Started looking at the usual Trex brand, but it only came in 3 or 4 boring colors. Finally found this brand on the 'net. But the nearest distributer is a good 30 miles away. But I think it's worth it.


4 comments:
Lookin' good.
Looks Good! And what a nice boy that Chris for helpin ya!...and what a coinkydink that my "word verification" that I have to type in order to post this is "handad"....HAHA...you know handy dad ;)
Its like watching this old house in slo mo...keep it coming!
Wish we could find something like this house.. How fun is it that you get to do all this stuff? How expensive is it that you get to do all this stuff? Oh well, thats irrelevant. It looks gorgeous.
Post a Comment