Sunday, November 23, 2008

#18 Paint, trim and fans

Decided to do a 2-tone paint job on the ceiling, with a stained wood border 18" in from the wall all the way around the ceiling. The outer color is called "Basket", kind of a light tan. The center part is the same pale green from the upper walls in the kitchen, as we had alot of that left over.
The wood trim has been cut with a double bevel, peaking in the middle. The effect turned out very well!
I had to find some unique fans for the room. I'm never happy with the ordinary. Finally found these on the internet, but was able to order thru a store in Ogden. Very 'spensive! But they really stand out. And I made custom stained wood "medallions" to put above them, to match the rest of the woodwork. Didn't like anything I could find commercially made.



No comments: