Tuesday, November 11, 2008

#16 Do you like COLOR?!

We debated for quite a while what color to paint the walls. Several times we sat on the living room floor, with what must have been a hundred or so color samples from Home Depot. Wanted something that would show off all the woodwork in the room. Most of our furniture is neutral in color and pattern, so it'll go with most anything. I'm not a lover of neutral colors on walls, though. So it had to be something that'd grab ya when you walk into the room, but not be 70's psychedelic. We kept coming back to this. Peony.
"No. That's too much."
"but look at it next to the wood!"
"Well, maybe. How about this one?"
"Naw. Boring".
"Well, look at this one again."
"We can always paint over it, I guess."
So, what the heck. We took the chance. It's very difficult to take a picture of and have it look right. It changes ALOT depending on the light, and the camera doesn't like it. But anyway, so far we've kept it. I don't think the final judgement will be in until the room is completely done.


1 comment:

BeckyB said...

Well I love the color and I know mom does too. And you're right the color isn't true in these pics, but close enough!