I guess buying an old house is one of those "if you need it explained to you, you'll never understand" kind of things. I've always loved old homes. The architecture, the craftsmanship, the "feel", the history, even the smells. New homes just don't do it for me. They're B-O-R-I-N-G!(no offense) When Nana & Grandpy Kellogg bought that old house in Hurricane, I was in heaven! When we went back to Minnesota to Grandpa & Grandma Gustafson's farm, I was in Heaven!
You either get it, or you don't.
Janet and I have watched the HGTV program "If Walls Could Talk" for several years now, and decided that someday we wanted to buy an old house to fix up. Moving to Utah opened that door for us. I spent alot of time when I was down here by myself, working(Janet stayed up there till our house sold), looking at homes. I looked at new ones, I looked at old ones. Found some of both that I liked, and were in our price range. New house, just live in it and "enjoy"=blah. Old house, spend years working on, put all our extra money into=have a cool old house to enjoy, hopefully for years.
So, this one came along at the right time, in the right place, and for the right price. Three years into it, and no regrets.
Anywho, I'll start back with the kitchen remodel in my next post with some "before", during remodel, and "after" pix.
14 years ago
3 comments:
This blog may become my new television program. The only shows I watch are ones about home repairs and fixxer uppers. Love, love, love them.... I could kick myself right in the butt for not trying to buy Nana and Grandpy's house in Hurricane. Oh regrets...
I'm excited to see the pics. Plus this way I get to keep updated on your progress. So far the things you have done have been amazing and I know that there will be no end to the house projects. But hey, that's good it'll just keep you going. And I know that mom just loves to show off the wonderful things her hubby is capable of. It's so nice to be married to an actual mister fix it-Jack of all trades. And that is you!
Rick, I totally understand you. (maybe that is not a good thing, I don't know) but if it's old, I love it too. I am lucky Wendell likes old ting's to, (I know, that is why he like's me) There is nothing like an old smelly, musty house, and old musty antiques. Keep up the re-modeling, I love being able to keep up with what you are doing..
Post a Comment