Friday, September 12, 2008

#8-a smart idea!

This is one of the best ideas I got for this project. Uncle Chuck has a friend that's a plumber, and he's started doing this little trick. He has a custom stainless steel pan made to go under the dishwasher, with a drain. If/when the dishwasher springs a leak, as they have a nasty habit of doing, it'll go down the drain, and my hours and hours of work on the wood floor will be spared!

1 comment:

Wendell and Carole said...

That's a great idea. I'm moving the laundry room upstairs from the basement. I will be putting a tile pan with a drain under the washer. Also will be doing some work in the kitchen and I could probably add a pan under the dish washer. Will just have to figure out where to connect the drain pipe.

Thanks for sharing that idea.

Wendell