Thursday, May 21, 2009

No, I'm not done with the house.

Been just doing lots of planning, and gathering supplies for the next projects. Right now we're just trying to catch up on the yard work. Been pricing supplies for replacing the fascia boards. (That's the outter part of the roof, where you attach rain gutters, FYI) Have decided to use fake wood, kinda like Trex, but not Trex. I want to put it up, and forget it. I bought a brick house, because I hate painting(and I like brick houses). Gonna cost near $500, but I think it's worth it.
I really won't get to the bathroom for awhile, but we've been looking at ideas. It'll be a "period" theme, of course. I'd really like to put in a claw-foot tub, but Janet's not too keen. She's worried about cleaning under and around it. Something I wouldn't have thought about.(I'm just a guy!) So, dunno there. Have been shopping for light fixtures on Ebay. Picked up this gem a couple days ago.


And I'm watching a couple cool sconces right now. We'll see what they go for. They'd go with this light pretty well.
Anyway, things should start happening, so I'll post more "stuff" soon.

3 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

LOVE that light fixture, it's perfect, and I love the color. Good taste, if I do say so myself...

bev said...

I LOVE that light fixture also. Can't wait to see more blogs on the house.

BeckyB said...

Wow! That's sure pretty! And yah, I would imagine cleaning around a claw tub would be toublesome. Especially the way dust collects in the bathroom with all that moisture. So is that fixture for that bathroom or somehthing else??